The AHA Annual Survey Information Technology hospital database contains current information on healthcare technology adoption and indicators in response to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. Now in its eighth (8th) year, the survey contains responses from over 3,500 hospitals on a variety of information technology topics, including:
- Electronic clinical documentation
- Computerized provider order entry
- Decision support
- Bar coding or radio frequency identification medication tracking
- Meaningful use functionalities
- Health information exchange functionalities
- Interoperability challenges
- EHR system and IT vendors
- Primary inpatient EMR/EHR system vendor
- Primary outpatient EMR/EHR system vendor
Use the AHA IT database to:
- Measure the EHR adoption progress of specific hospitals
- Analyze EHR hospital adoption by bed size, organizational structure, and primary service
- Identify primary EHR/EMR systems used for inpatient and outpatient functions
- Benchmark EHR activity across time (purchase of historical years of the Database required).
- Identify interoperability practices and challenges.
The AHA Annual Survey IT Database can be licensed within AHADataViewer or as a standalone database.
For more information contact us at 866-375-3633 or email@example.com
AHA Annual Survey IT Database questionnaire
2015 AHA Annual Survey IT Database file layout