2015 AHA Annual Survey IT Results Available!
The Healthcare IT Database provides information on a number of healthcare IT indicators that illustrate the depth and level of technology integration within hospitals. The database contains hospital level information on over 3,500 hospitals.
The Healthcare Information Technology database is the most reliable source of hospital IT implementation information available, and is used as a foundation for national research and government studies, including research by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
The Database details where hospitals believe they fit within a six-point technology adoption continuum—from “fully implemented across all units” to “not in place and not considering implementation” — in multiple system categories. It also identifies barriers to implementation in key clinical and decision support areas.
The AHA Annual Survey IT Database includes:
- Details on hospital readiness in achieving meaningful use and their intent in applying for incentive payments.
- The adoption level of computerized systems for:
- Electronic clinical documentation: physician & nurse notes, medication lists, etc.
- Results viewing: lab & radiology reports, radiology images, etc.
- Decision Support: drug alerts, clinical reminders, etc.
- Bar coding: patient ID, lab specimens, pharmaceutical tracking, etc.
- EHR interoperability capabilities.
- Primary inpatient and outpatient vendors used for the EHR/EMR systems and details on anticipated changes.
For more information on current or historical databases contact us at 866-375-3633.