The AHA Hospital Database, compiled from the AHA Annual Survey, is an invaluable reference for hospital market research reports and healthcare industry analysis on hospitals. Identify, analyze, and compare health care trends with comprehensive hospital survey data including more than 1,000 data fields on more than 6,300 hospitals. The AHA Annual Survey maintains an excellent response rate. In some instances estimation is used to provide values for missing items. Learn more about our estimation process.
Find healthcare information on:
- Hospital demographics
- Organizational structure
- Service lines and facilities
- Utilization data
- Physician arrangements
- Managed care relationships
- Hospital expenses
- Staffing, including a range of physicians
View a complete list of the information available in the Hospital Database.
Use the hospital database to:
- Create a baseline hospital file to compare and contrast hospitals based on characteristics you select
- Identify medical services delivered by a hospital or group of hospitals
- Analyze hospitals or systems based on various criteria from location to services offered to size
- Define your markets and market opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities for new service lines.
- Analyze utilization information, staffing, expenses and other characteristics.
- Merge with healthcare data from other sources for custom reporting and hospital industry trends.
Historical Hospital Data
Our historical data sets date back to 1980. Whether you’re looking to chart hospital trends, run time series analyses, or develop health care forecasts, our consistent data facilitate historic reporting comparisons and easy integration with other AHA and health industry information. The last eight years of hospital data are available online. Research support is handled by AHA staff content experts with deep product and industry knowledge. Contact us at 866-375-3633 to discuss your data needs.
View the survey questionnaires of recent databases for the range of survey items and potential data points.