The 2015 AHA Population Health Survey™ data identifies the infrastructure created by hospitals to support their population health activities. Developed by the Association for Community Health Improvement and Health Research & Educational Trust in collaboration with Public Health Institute, this primary research helps answer the following:
- What is the role of hospital leadership in creating population health strategy?
- What workplace competencies will hospitals need in the future to support their population health activities?
- What types of community health assessments are hospitals using?
- What services, if any, do outside resources provide in community health assessments?
- To what extent are hospitals partnering with government and community agencies to meet their population health goals?
With responses from over 1,400 hospitals representing large, medium, and small; urban/rural; not-for-profit, investor-owned, and government hospitals, the data can help inform consulting firms and information solution providers in assisting hospitals with population health management strategy. Hospitals and researchers can use the data to benchmark population health activities based on peer groups. Review the survey questionnaire for complete content areas. Key findings include:
- 67% of organizations say their population health activities are aimed at individuals who use their hospital or system.
- 80% of respondents agree or strongly agree population health is aligned with their hospital or health system’s clinical integration strategy.
- Only 56% of organizations agree or strongly agree their hospital or health system engages in programs to address socioeconomic determinants of health such as poverty, housing and violence.
- Hospital specific demographics and population health survey responses from over 1,400 hospitals in Microsoft Excel format.
- File layout
- 2015 AHA Population Health questionnaire
- Selected charts and graphs from key findings
Contact us at 866-375-3633 to learn about the Population Health survey and other hospital data.
2015 AHA Population Health Survey questionnaire.
Download a sample file of the 2015 AHA Population Health data from the Quick Reports page.