The Electronic Health Record EHR Adoption Database™ provides current information on dozens of healthcare technology indicators that illustrate the depth and level of technology integration at over 3,600 U.S. hospitals. Collected from the Technology Supplement of the AHA's annual survey of hospitals, the database is the most predominant source of innovative hospital market research into healthcare information technology implementation. The hospital EHR database offers insight into hospital industry trends with in-depth healthcare IT data for hospitals in major areas including:
- Plans for intended use and implementation of Medicare and Medicaid incentive payments for meaningful use of health IT;
- Names of primary inpatient and outpatient vendors used for EMR/EHR database systems and details on anticipated changes;
- Levels of electronic exchange of hospital medical records through HIE or RHIO;
- Types of hospital medical records exchanged in health information systems;
- The adoption level of computerized healthcare IT systems on a six-point scale for:
- Electronic clinical documentation: digital medical records of physician & nurse notes, medication lists, etc.;
- Results viewing: lab & radiology reports, radiology images, and other hospital medical records;
- Decision Support: drug alerts, clinical reminders, and other electronic records benefits;
- Bar coding: patient ID, lab specimens, pharmaceutical tracking, and other digital medical record tracking.
For more information, please contact your account manager at 866.375.3633.
Database File Layout (PDF)
Hospital EHR Annual Survey Database Questionnaire (PDF)