AHA Annual Survey Database™ is recognized as a reliable source on United States hospitals. The data are gathered through the AHA Annual Survey of Hospitals, conducted by the American Hospital Association since 1946. Secondary sources include the AHA corporate database, accrediting organizations, and the United States Census Bureau. The Database can be used autonomously as a reference on hospitals; or in conjunction with other datasets by matching on variables such as the Medicare Provider Number or the National Provider Identifier (NPI).
Up to 1,000 data fields of information on 6,500 hospitals is included in the Database covering topics such as:
- Organizational Structure
- Facility and Service Lines
- Inpatient and outpatient utilization
- Physician arrangements
- Corporate and purchasing affiliations
- Teaching status
- Geographic indicators (state, region, CBSA, county)
- Cross-reference identifiers (Medicare Provider Number and National Provider Identifier (NPI))
This valuable resource is used by government agencies, universities, health policy organizations and health care providers for:
- Health services research
- Time-series analysis (data is available beginning with Fiscal Year 1980)
AHA Annual Survey Database is delivered on CD. A documentation book with data and technical specifications, and a year-to-year reconciliation of open, closed and merged hospitals is included.
Data Fields & File Layout
Data Collection Methods
AHA Item Number: 083512
Delivered on CD with three formats: ASCII, Microsoft Access® and Comma Delimited
- A signed licensing agreement is required at the time of purchase
- The Database is not returnable
- Multi-user pricing is available
For purchase and license agreement information call 866-375-3633 or email email@example.com.