The AHA Hospital Database, compiled from the AHA Annual Survey, is an invaluable reference for hospital market research reports and healthcare industry analysis on hospitals. Identify, analyze, and compare health care trends with comprehensive hospital survey data including more than 1,000 data fields on 6,500 hospitals. The AHA Annual Survey maintains an excellent response rate. In some instance estimation is used to provide values for missing some missing items. Click here to read more about our estimation process.
Find healthcare information on:
- Hospital demographics
- Organizational structure
- Service lines and facilities
- Utilization data
- Physician arrangements
- Managed care relationships
- Hospital expenses
- Staffing, including a range of physicians
View a complete list of the information available Hospital Database.
Use the hospital database to:
- Create a baseline hospital file to compare and contrast hospitals based on characteristics you select
- Identify which medical services are delivered by a hospital or group of hospitals
- Analyze hospitals or systems based on various criteria from location to services offered to size
- Define your markets and market opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities for new service lines.
- Analyze utilization information, staffing, expenses and other characteristics.
- Merge with healthcare data from other sources for custom reporting and hospital industry trends.
Historical Hospital Data
Our historical data sets date back to 1980. Whether you’re looking to chart hospital trends, run time series analyses, or develop health care forecasts, our consistent data facilitate historic reporting comparisons and easy integration with other AHA and health industry information. The last five years of hospital data are available online. Research support is handled by AHA staff content experts with deep product and industry knowledge. Please call the AHA Resource Center at 312.422.2050 to discuss your data needs.
To view each fiscal year’s survey from the available data sets and the most recent survey currently in the field, please click on the selected year below.